We’ve compiled resources from our coalition members and government entities to help you navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. If you have any additions, please email email@example.com.
Mental Health Resources from our Coalition:
- Mental Health America – Mental Health And COVID-19: Information And Resources
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Updates On The Coronavirus
- National Council on Behavioral Health – Resources and Tools for Addressing Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Mental Health and COVID-19
- Well Being Trust – COVID-19 Mental Health Resources
- Psych Hub – COVID-19 Mental Health Resource Hub
- National Association of School Psychologists: Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting From COVID-19
- National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors – Peer-Led Recommendations for Supporting Individuals Receiving Care in State Psychiatric Facilities during the COVID-19 Crisis
- Postpartum Support International: PSI COVID-19 Resources
- Depression and Bipolar Alliance: COVID-19 Resources
Other Mental Health Resources:
- CitiesRise – Local Mental Health Resources
- American Psychiatric Association
- The National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- Department of Health and Human Services
Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA):
- COVID-19 Homepage
- Disaster Distress Hotline
- Training and Technical Assistance
- FAQs: Provision of Methadone and Buprenorphine for the Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder in the COVID-19 Emergency: In response to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) pandemic, SAMHSA is providing answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding the provision of methadone and buprenorphine for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder for new and existing patients.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Opioid Treatment Programs: SAMHSA is offering guidance on pharmacotherapy for opioid use disorder availability in circumstances in which patients may be exposed to highly contagious infectious agents (such as COVID-19).
- Use of Telemedicine While Providing Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT): Under the Ryan Haight Act of 2008, where controlled substances are prescribed by means of the Internet, the general requirement is that the prescribing Practitioner must have conducted at least one in-person medical evaluation of the patient. U.S.C. 829(e). However, the Act provides an exception to this requirement. 21 U.S.C. 829 (e)(3)(A).
- TAP 34: Disaster Planning Handbook for Behavioral Health Treatment Programs: This handbook offers guidance in creating a disaster preparedness and recovery plan for programs that provide treatment for mental illness and substance use disorders. It describes the planning process, preparing for a disaster, roles and responsibilities, training, and testing.
- COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Response and 42 CFR Part 2 Guidance: In response to the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) pandemic, SAMHSA is providing COVID-19 Public Health Emergency Response and 42 CFR Part 2 guidance to ensure that substance use disorder treatment services are uninterrupted during this public health emergency.
- TIP 42: Substance Abuse Treatment for Persons with Co-Occurring Disorders: This updated (March 2020) TIP is intended to provide addiction counselors and other providers, supervisors, and administrators with the latest science in the screening, assessment, diagnosis, and management of co-occurring disorders.
- Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation during an Infectious Disease Outbreak: In the event of an infectious disease outbreak, local officials may require the public to take measures to limit and control the spread of the disease. This tip sheet provides information about social distancing, quarantine, and isolation.
- Training and Technical Assistance Related to COVID-19: MHTTC Resources
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS):
Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
- COVID-19 Manage Stress and Anxiety
- Therapeutic Options
- Reopening Guidance
- Disaster Shelter Guidance
- Activities and Initiatives Supporting the COVID-19 Response and the President’s Plan for Opening America Up Again
World Health Organization (WHO):
COVID-19 Organizational Resources – General:
- National League of Cities COVID-19 Response
- National League of Cities – CARES Act City Impacts
- CitiesRise – Local Mental Health Resources
- United States Conference of Mayors COVID-19 Response
- National Association of Counties COVID-19 Response
- Trust for America’s Health – Resource Portal
- United States of Care – Covid-19 Response
- The New Deal – Coronavirus Policy Resources Database
- Local Housing Solutions – COVID-19
- Cities for Health – Covid-19 Resources
- National Low Income Housing Coalition – Covid-19 and Housing
- Harvard Kennedy School of Government – COVID-19 Response: Open Data Resources for Local Government Leaders
- National Alliance to End Homelessness – A Framework for Covid-19 Homelessness Response
- National Conference on State Legislatures – State Action on Coronavirus (COVID-19)